Dear Colleagues and Friends,
The tremendous success of the previous four Greatwall International Andrology Forum (GITF) has greatly facilitated the development of andrology in China, promoted the exchanges and friendship among andrologists both in China and abroad, and bring global perspectives to more Chinese andrologists. Upon the proposal of Dr. Guo Ying-lu, the forum for the year of 2012 has been renamed as the “5th Great Wall International Translational Andro-Urology Forum” (GITAUF2012), with an attempt to further raise its academic values and international reputation, expand its academic scope, and help more andrologists to benefit from this important event. The forum will take place at the International Exhibition Center in Haikou, Hainan Province, China, from March 8 - 12, 2012. The organizing committee of GITAUF2012 now is privileged to invite you to come to Haikou and take part in this mega event. Please visit GITAUF2012 website (http://www.GIAF2012.org) for more information.
The forum will be co-chaired by Dr. Guo Yinglu from the Peking University First Hospital and Dr. Tom F. Lue from the Department of Urology of University of California San Francisco School of Medicine. Dr. Bai Zhi-ming from the Department of Urology of Haikou Municipal Hospital will chair the local organizing committee, and Dr. Zhou Li-qun from the Department of Urology of Peking University First Hospital and Dr. Xin Zhong-cheng from the Andrology Center of Peking University First Hospital will co-chair the academic committee. Dr. Xin will also act as the Secretary General of the forum. The forum is sponsored by the Institute of Urology of Peking University, the Department of Urology of Peking University First Hospital, the Andrology Center of Peking University First Hospital, China Medical Association Urologists Branch, Guo Ying-lu Foundation for Urology Development, and the Peking University Training School for Urologists. The forum is co-sponsored by Chinese Society of Andrology and the National Association of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine Andrology Branch. It is organized by Hainan Medical Association Urology Committee, Hainan Medical Association Andrology Committee, and Haikou Municipal Hospital, and supported by Hainan Modern Healthcare Group.
In the light of modern translational medicine, this forum is committed to encourage the translation of findings from basic research into clinical applications in the field of andro-urology and meanwhile promote the optimized laboratory designs on the basis of clinical observations and analyses, and thus improve the overall health care level and help the patients to resolve their medical problems. It is expected that this forum will provide a platform for scientists and clinicians in andro-urology to timely update their professional knowledge, establish solid connections and friendship with their global colleagues, and ultimately make more contributions for the standardization of the diagnosis and treatment of andro-urological diseases, improvement of health care quality, and creation of more "harmonious families". The GITAUF2012 Academic Committee will invite over 50 top urologists and andrologists from China and overseas to present their findings, ideas and results to the expert audience. Authors are invited to submit their papers presenting the results of original research or innovative practical applications relevant to the conference. They may also communicate their findings through meeting lectures, panel discussions, and posters. The abstracts, either in English or Chinese, should not be longer than 300 words/Chinese characters. Best Paper Awards will be given to a maximum of 10 papers during the Forum. Also, selected abstracts for the forum will be published in the Translational Andrology and Urology (TAU).
Please visit our website ( http://www.GIAF2012.org ) for online submission and registration. A 50% discount is available for qualified graduate students.
Call for papers on:
- Diagnosis and treatment of urogenital infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of urogenital stones
- Diagnosis and treatment of urogenital malformations
- Diagnosis and treatment of urogenital tumors
- Imaging of urogenital diseases
- Association of urogenital diseases with endocrine diseases
- Gene therapy of urogenital diseases
- Surgical treatment of urogenital diseases
- Laparoscopic surgery for urogenital diseases
- Robot-assisted surgery for urogenital diseases
- Stem cell treatment of urogenital diseases
- Stem cell treatment of urogenital dysfunction Primary hypogonadism and infertility in males
- Late-onset hypogonadism in mid-aged and elderly men
- Sexual dysfunction and reproductive dysfunction
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery for urogenital apparatus
- Metabolic syndrome and male health
- Sexual dysfunction in women and the application of assisted reproductive technology
- Mental diseases and urogenital health
- Environmental pollution and urogenital health
- Traditional Chinese medicine and urogenital disorders
Contact person: Prof. XIN Zhong-chengAddress: No. 59, West Avenue, Di An Men, Dicheng District, Beijing 100009, P. R. China
Tel：+86-10-8322-2822 & +86-10-8322-8989 Ext 8808